Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Man, so much in these last few days, my head is still spinning o_O

SO!

Here is what is going on, I have been promoted to a network admin for my job and going from comfy and cozy nighttime hours to grueling daytime hours! Great as this is, I will dearly miss the nighttime laziness and hours I enjoyed.

So what does this mean for GL? Well, means the site never has to worry about keep its bills paid, that's for sure ^^;

My activity might be odd for a bit while I get suited to day time hours instead of nighttime, but all should be good.

When I took over this site I was but a mere uncaring high school student, now I'm at the top of a high corporate ladder with a job title that will turn me into the most valuable job people seeker in the IT industry. What a crazy 14 years....

Congrats Mr. Demon ! :)

Congratulations Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith. Enjoy the new position and I'm sure it won't take long for you to get used to the new hours.

When is the party :p?

I think I'm starting to calm down now, but man if I can't wrap my head around the future stuff down the road I'm screwed....
What exactly is the main responsibility of Network Admin though Google really just says the person the responsible for the network for the company no much too to it on Google and YouTube really. I am personally interested in servers so I guess in the future System Admin I am probably gonna do a certification or class course for it in the future.

Last edited:
What exactly is the main responsibility of Network Admin though Google really just says the person the responsible for the network for the company no much too to it on Google and YouTube really. I am personally interested in servers so I guess in the future System Admin I am probably gonna do a certification or class course for it in the future.

First and foremost you should hate my guts, this job should require several degrees and several long interviews and fighting to get, but landed in my lap like hot coffee without any degrees to back it up :p Otherwise you should seek out the CNE, CCA, MCSE and/or CCNA certifications. Along with MS-SQL and MYSQL knowledge and lots of server and switch practice.

Day to day operations for me consist of making sure the server is alive, setting up new machines for new employees, erasing machines of departed employees and then setting up or removing their office space of equipment. Then handle incoming tickets of tech support issues and anything that comes across my desk or is phoned in.

Then there is any actual server work, but that will be more in the far future.

First and foremost you should hate my guts, this job should require several degrees and several long interviews and fighting to get, but landed in my lap like hot coffee without any degrees to back it up :p Otherwise you should seek out the CNE, CCA, MCSE and/or CCNA certifications. Along with MS-SQL and MYSQL knowledge and lots of server and switch practice.

Day to day operations for me consist of making sure the server is alive, setting up new machines for new employees, erasing machines of departed employees and then setting up or removing their office space of equipment. Then handle incoming tickets of tech support issues and anything that comes across my desk or is phoned in.

Busy Mr. Demon.

That's a lot but also I think CompTIA Security+ will be good as well right?? I am thinking of it or CCNA or MSC

That's a lot but also I think CompTIA Security+ will be good as well right?? I am thinking of it or CCNA or MSC

I would go with more of the cisco stuff, since that name holds more weight to it. But it really depends on what the company you work for will recognize the most.

Back