Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A new leaked slide from the Insomniac ransomware hack has disclosed that the PlayStation 3 still clocked nearly 2 million Monthly Active Users as of February 2023. To be precise, 1.9 million players still use the olden 2006 console as per the documents.

Source

I wonder what are the most played games on the PS3 being played in 2023.

A lot of people are probably happy with their PS3 games, so they may still play PS3 games on a regular basis.

This is quite amazing, I did not expect to hear that the PS3 would get that many players in 2023 with there being the PS4 and now the PS5 available.

It just goes to show that older consoles do still have a lease on life, I am curious though to find out what games are being played and which ones are the most popular on the PS3 after all these years.

This is quite amazing, I did not expect to hear that the PS3 would get that many players in 2023 with there being the PS4 and now the PS5 available.

It just goes to show that older consoles do still have a lease on life, I am curious though to find out what games are being played and which ones are the most popular on the PS3 after all these years.

Could be those who finally got to the PS3 or just people who don't like to upgrade.

I am curious to see if Sony has a plan for those who have been inactive for more than 10 years. haha
I have an account, but I haven't logged into it since I have sold my ps3... oops

It was probably the people playing teh PS3 games that you couldnt get on PS4 or PS5.

I feel a used PS3 would be one of the cheapest Blu-Ray movie players which can also play games, so a lot of people may still be buying used PS3 to use to watch Blu-Ray movies, and also play used PS3 games which they can buy for affordable prices at thrift stores, used games stores, and from friends.

It makes total sense to me. It's probably most parents with young kids. If you go to any used game store, PS3 games are dirt cheap because they are not backwards compatible.

I think a lot of people still play PS3 games because PS3 physical disc games don't work on PS4 consoles, and emulating PS3 games is hard to emulate on many computers, so a PS3 console is the simplest way to play PS3 games.

I think a lot of people still play PS3 games because PS3 physical disc games don't work on PS4 consoles, and emulating PS3 games is hard to emulate on many computers, so a PS3 console is the simplest way to play PS3 games.
That may be true, but I can not think of one PS3 game that I would still want to play. Especially since the PS5 has 100x better graphics than the PS3.

That may be true, but I can not think of one PS3 game that I would still want to play. Especially since the PS5 has 100x better graphics than the PS3.
Graphics ain't what makes a game though or well shouldn't be anyways ... in my opinion. That is why people still play older generation games. That is also why alot of older games are being remastered for newer consoles.

I tend to find myself playing games from the PS1 era more often than anything current gen.

Heck the two PC games that I still play alot are over 10 years old.(League of Legends and 7 Days to Die)

Modern Games tend to just be an interactive movie at this point.. With exceptions like Baldurs Gate 3 ofcourse.

Graphics are just a part of the greatness of a game, sometimes you just can't find those games in other consoles, have you ever played the Resistance games? Also, let's talk about money, not everyone has it to upgrade one generation ahead, forget about 2 and the one thing no one wants to talk about, piracy, a jailbroken PS3 grants you thousands of hours of fun, I have heard...

Back