Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Hanna-Barbera's animated cat and mouse duo Tom and Jerry will be brought to reel life courtesy of Warner Bros. and Lin Pictures.

Variety reports that the studio sees Tom and Jerry as a family-friendly franchise and hybrid of CG animation and live-action a la Fox's hit Alvin and the Chipmunks and Warners' own Scooby-Doo movies.

The movie, to be scripted by Eric Gravning, will be "an origin story that reveals how Tom and Jerry first meet and form their rivalry before getting lost in Chicago and reluctantly working together during an arduous journey home."

Other Hanna-Barbera film projects in-development at Warners include The Jetsons and Yogi Bear.

source

this is becoming more serious, who ever is making anime/cartoon's into live action moives must be stopped and soon!

This is ruining all my child hood memories. I love watching Tom and Jerry as a kid, but if this Movie sucks then I have a memory of a sucky version of tom and Jerry,

I agree cartoon movies will be better since CGI and real actors playing cartoon characters look odd.

Back